Before You Setup QuickBooks Desktop - Readiness Checklist Follow
Before you start your QuickBooks Desktop One Time Setup, make sure you go through this checklist to ensure your setup is supported to ensure we can Automatically run your integrations daily.
Before you start:
- You must be logged out of all Microsoft accounts before you log into Autymate using Microsoft corporate accounts.
Important note: if you should receive an error message or failure claim during Microsoft Authentication on login, please re-try authentication once more.
QuickBooks must be 2020 or greater (Intuit is sunsetting our access to older versions of 2019 for the SDK ), so please update using the one-stop-shop for up to 40% discounts on QuickBooks if you need to upgrade. Please note that 2019 will be supported until September 30, 2022, by Autymate.
If you log in via the Autymate website and see a banner that reads “New version is available,” select Refresh.
Please do not import the previous day when you set up the integration. When you create an autymate, the last import will be loaded automatically. So you can observe how it works after you set it up. The integration will run every day after 5 AM PT.
- Make sure that QuickBooks is running and you do not have any pop-ups open in QuickBooks Desktop.
- Be sure to install Autymate on the computer where QuickBooks Desktop is located and where it can access the QuickBooks Desktop company file.
- Install the app on a PC that runs all the time as the process runs as a background process.
- Set up the integration with QuickBooks Desktop using an Admin user.
- The Autymate website also hosts video training materials for setting up your account and installing Autymate integration.
QuickBooks Desktop Checklist Items
Be sure your setup checks off for the following when you install:
- Use the chrome browser when setting up the app.
- Must be using windows 10+
- Be sure an admin sets up the Autymate installer on the PC with windows 10+ with a single account.
- QuickBooks Desktop setup uses an Admin Login for Desktop.
If your QuickBooks Desktop file is placed in one of the above locations (including Dropbox), please move the files to a standard folder on your back office machine since these locations will cause issues with the daily integration. *Watch this video to learn how to move your QuickBooks file to a supported location.
- Only one user can be logged into the PC at a time and access QuickBooks Desktop.
- QuickBooks must be 2020 or greater (Intuit is sunsetting our access to older versions of 2019 for the SDK ), so please update using the one-stop-shop for up to 40% discounts on QuickBooks if you need to upgrade. Please note that 2019 will be supported until September 30, 2022, by Autymate.
- Don’t move the file QuickBooks Desktop file after setup
Configurations not fully supported, but possible:
Store owners with a single PC but multiple company files must have QuickBooks closed each day for Autymate to run your integration successfully in the morning.
Common Issues with stores so far:
You cannot have two versions of QuickBooks running at the same time
You cannot have two files open at the same time
You cannot have two people on the pc at the same time
You should also be careful not to have your QuickBooks Desktop file in a Dropbox folder.
Please sign in to leave a comment.