At Autymate, we’ve created a custom ticket field named Business Impact to help our customers indicate the level of urgency of an incident or question when they submit a ticket. It’s not only important to assess how critical a situation might be, but also important to continually assess the impact to make sure we’re providing you with the right level of support.
The definitions of business impact levels are based on primary communication functions and normal business operations.
- Primary communication functions make it possible for our customers to interact directly with their end-users. They include inbound and outbound messaging using any communication channel (for example, email, messaging, voice, or Facebook) as well as maintaining an accurate record of any interactions.
- Normal business operations are other activities that Autymate customers use to get work done. They include ticket assignment, voice call routing, customization of agent views, and running reports on tickets. With normal business operations, customers typically have more flexibility in deciding how and when they are done.
There are four business impact levels our customers can choose from when they open a support request:
The issue disrupts a primary communication function or compromises the security or integrity of your data.
The disruption is ongoing and the need for resolution is time-sensitive with no reasonable workaround until the issue is resolved. Any incident where the security of data is at risk should be assigned as critical. This includes any scenario in which our customer is unable to communicate with their end-users.
- Your entire team is unable to sign in to Autymate
- A catastrophic issue with your integration that is causing a significant lose for your business
- High-risk security vulnerabilities (for example, single sign-on (SSL) is not working)
The issue is occurring in your production environment and is time-sensitive. A significant unplanned effort is required to work around the issue to maintain normal business operations.
- Business rules are malfunctioning
- Reporting is unavailable for the entire account
- Product latency is greater than 90 seconds
The resolution has some time sensitivity but the issue can be worked around without much effort.
- Excel export is not functioning; the workaround is CSV export
- Auty-mations running slow
- A short delay when running an Auty-mation
- Explore reports are failing to export
- Views with permission for only the view creator are not being displayed
- Documentation is not correct on a page
- To what extent are primary communication functions disrupted?
- To what extent are normal business operations impaired?
- Is a workaround available and does the workaround impair normal business operations?
In each case, it’s important to represent how much of a disruption the problem is to your core workflow. When deciding between multiple impact levels, always choose the greater criticality (for example, more severe business impact). As new information comes in, we will re-evaluate the business impact together.
Autymate customer advocates are responsible for ensuring that the ticket priority is set appropriately, and can increase the priority if it is set too low.