Getting an error with a duplicate name exists with a vendor, customer, or employee with the same name in QuickBooks. What do I do?
What do you do if you get these errors?
- Auty History Report: ( Duplicate Name Exists Error. The name supplied already exists. : null. )
- Validation Summary
- Or the message: Error: Duplicate Name Exists Error. The name supplied already exists -1000016
In QuickBooks Online, you can not have a customer, vendor, or employee with the same name. If this happens, you have to fix this issue by following the steps below:
Steps to fix the issue:
- If you have the same name, customer, vendor, or employee in QuickBooks Online. Rename the existing customer, vendor, or employee with the same name with a
_1at the end in QuickBooks Online.
- Once you have renamed the customer with the same name, you can hit resubmit on that failed Auty-mation. It will send the failed records, and you are done.
- Also, after you fix it in this way, you will not have the issue again, so grab a cup of coffee and celebrate that your accounting is on Auto-Pilot.