If you get the error message popup: QuickBooks already has a company file open. If you want to open another company file, close this one first.
We have a step-by-step procedure to help you eliminate the error.
Sometimes QuickBooks is Minimized
Sometimes QuickBooks Desktop (QBD) is minimized like this, which is hard to find. This sometimes happens when the SDK connects and is a but with an older version of QBD. Just click on the box maximize button. If you cannot find it on the screen, you need to kill QuickBooks; follow the instructions below.
How to close all QuickBooks processes at once:
You can close them all at once. For example, QuickBooks might have a different name in different windows systems. Closing QuickBooks processes all at once is a bit easy. The steps to be followed here are:
• At first, press Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys to open the task manager.
• Hit a click on the processes tab.
• Click on QuickBooks and opt for the end task option.
If that does not work, you can
Close all QuickBooks processes from the task manager
Tip: If you don’t want to restart your computer, you can end the appropriate process in Windows Task Manager.
• For this, open the computer’s task manager by right-clicking the taskbar at the bottom of the system.
• You can open the task manager by pressing Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys.
• Now, move to the processes or details tab and look for multiple instances of QuickBooks processes running.
• The QBDBMgrN.exe is the culprit in the details tab.
• And then hit a right click to close down the processes while leaving one open.
• Lastly, carry out the steps you performed in the commerce sync connection.